Featured Post

Hi, I'm Dankest

     I'm new to this so wheather you are entertained, informed or think I'm crazy, thank you for stopping in. I like to talk about ...

Monday, February 15, 2016

Hi, I'm Dankest

     I'm new to this so wheather you are entertained, informed or think I'm crazy, thank you for stopping in. I like to talk about my views on gaming, reviews on games I have tried and things the video game industry may or may not be trying and how it can effect us gamers.
     At the top of my list are the new games I'm checking out. By far my favorite as of late is Darkest Dungeon! It got it's funding from a kickstarter and just recently released as a full game on steam. Basically the intro trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlRBzoKN4NY tells you alot about it. Very bleak dungeon crawler with an emphasis on party managment.
     Also new is Scrap Mechanic! If you loved Minecraft, but wanted to build things that moved, this game is for you! It has pivots, tires, vehicle control systems and much much more. It is still early access, however $20 isn't that bad. I'm currently building a giant mech!
     Lastly, and probably the one I have spent the most time inside, Tabletop Simulator! This is a physics engine on a table. Literally any game that you play on a real table can be played here! There are thousands of mods, from collectors edition Monopoly to every Magic the Gathering card ever printed and many games you will likely never have heard of before! I have been using it to run a D&D group. Building maps takes time so I have made many mods already under DankestFiber on Steam.
     The gaming world feels like we are on an edge of revolution. I often wonder 'What will I be gaming on in two years? In six?' With VR advancements and the amount of tech put into consoles these days, where will we budget players fall? I strongly suspect that gaming will slowly lean towards PC throughout the next few years. Microsoft is already getting people thinking that way with Windows 10 and the Xbox One and Steam is coming out with their own consoles soon (which is basically a PC with a console interface).
     I hope you like this post, I am hoping to be back strong with this kind of thing every few days.
Happy Gaming!
- Dankest

No comments:

Post a Comment